Twelve for 2012.

Friday, December 30, 2011
I can't believe it's almost a whole new year! 
I know I say a lot how I can't believe how fast time goes, but really, I can't believe how fast time goes!

I love new year's because I think it's the perfect time to re-asses our life through the last year and decide what we are going to try to do a little better or differently all together. 
I thought I'd make a goal list that I am calling
12 little things that I would like to finish or at least make immense progress at before the end of 2012.

1. Become more present in my every day life. Cherish time with my baby a little longer, rush her through her daily schedule less, hug my husband a little tighter, and spend more time focused on them rather than myself.
2. Become closer to my heavenly father.
3. Keep my laundry from piling up by doing at least one load a day. 



4. Cook dinner at least 3 nights a week for my family.
5. Thrift more, save the difference.
6. Take part in one of the seasonal Boutiques in the Valley.
7. Spend more time outside.
8. Learn to sew better.

9. Enroll in the Interior Design program at MCC.
10. Budget money better.
11. Become and stay better organized.
12. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

I am already making strides in the last two. I have been cleaning up mess and organizing it into baskets, groups, tossing out the unneeded things. Today my project was my make up.
I put my daily makeup regimen in a little basket with the brushes in a thrifted vase to hold them upright.
No more chaos or rummaging each morning. 
I tucked the rest of the makeup that I wear less into the cupboard where I can grab it for those special occasions.


2 comments:

Makin Memories Of Us said...

New follwer from Casey's page! What a sweet little girl you have.

Lori said...

i love your resolutions.. especially the be more present one. i need to add that to my list too :) happy new year!

http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/