Cheery Traditional Living Room.

Monday, May 21, 2012
I'm preparing for a trip to Utah for a week to help my mom organize & decorate her new house.
I am really excited to be able to spend a week up there with her shopping till we drop, but still a little nervous about flying alone with Gracieloo. My husband is such a rockstar with her when we travel... I usually just sit back & relax. It should be interesting to say the least.

So, today while I was browsing on Olioboard. I put together a mood board for her front sitting room.
Bright & Traditional Living Room

Olioboard made it really easy to put together a mood board and has a gorgeous selection of pieces to place in your rooms. Though, I wouldn't mix white & off white like I did on my board. I just couldn't find all the pieces I liked in one or the other.

She has a lot of wood going in the house already on already so I kept the tones really light. My mom likes traditional lines, but still wants it to be bright & cheery. I like the idea of putting furniture in there that has soft lines to juxtapose the boxy and heavy wood. For me, rustic elements like a grain sack pillow, or rusted metal of some sort is pretty much a must in every room. I think it gives the rooms a more comfortable, lived in feeling which I really love.

I am really excited to go up there and work on it.

0 comments: