I had a bad day.

Monday, October 29, 2012
I've deleted and rewritten this a million times. I don't want people to laugh, but sometimes life is hard.

I've been doing a lot lately. And I felt really good & excited about all the new exciting, happy developments in our family life, and my little businesses life. I was so excited to share it all with you &get all this amazing feedback.

Then, I had a bad day. Maybe a series of bad days actually. Everything was hard. Everything wasn't getting finished on time. Everything was turning into a mess. Everything was falling apart. Everything was annoying me. And then, I happened to get a mean email.
The world felt so cruel & I felt like a failure. [Yes, I did just say that, and yes I achieved an A in exaggeration and drama-queen back in school.]

Before I get all she-hurt-my-feelings-so-boo  on everyone. And if my opinion counts for anything I think the blog world is amazing. I love the inspiration, the endless amounts of ideas, and I super love reading about other mom's crazy days-- because it kind of makes everyone feel like they "belong" like they have a "place".

That being said, this world, this business can be really tough. People are hard on you, whether you know it or not, people judge you. In a Pinterest world, original ideas are pretty much nonexistent, and people get "copied" whether they want to or not. The copiers may do it on purpose or  sometimes by accident. Sometimes you have a soul sister in another part of the country that you never knew existed and you share the same tastes, and think the same too. It's a strange conundrum but hey, it happens.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that before you get all huffy and puffy and yell that someone is copying you. You should do research and see if your idea was original in the first place. Because if she copied you from copying someone else, is your point valid?

Plus, don't we share our projects to be inspire other people to copy us? You can correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

I don't have those kind of days a lot, actually... I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times I've been that annoyed.

So I went to bed and vowed that tomorrow would be better. Thank you all for standing by me while I get my business under control and our world is ch ch changing right before our eyes!





0 comments: