Tutorial: Pearl Embellished Wreath

Monday, November 28, 2011
Have you tried to recreate anything from Pinterest? I get so inspired from all the pretty things and creative ideas on it. I thought I'd try my hand at making one of the projects I saw. I just adore pearls. Pearl on anything and I'm sold.

Source: bhg.com via Jenna on Pinterest

So here is my take on this pretty little thing.

Supplies:
Foam wreath form. I used a 12 inch.
Imitation pearls of all different sizes
Wide white ribbon
Hot glue gun & sticks




Start with a dab of hot glue to secure your ribbon.

 Start wrapping the ribbon around the wreath form.

 Keep going.

 Add hot glue every few loops around.

 Cover the entire wreath form with ribbon.

 Pour out a variety of different size pearls. This is the best way to make sure you aren't subconsciously making a pattern out of pearls so it looks more random.

 I worked in little sections of hot glue instead of putting a dab for every solitary pearl.

 I might have started singing my  hallelujah song at this point. This project does take a little bit of patience but it is SO pretty at the end.

 Add some ribbon & hang it. This one is going on the gallery wall I'm putting together in my daughters room.

It would make a gorgeous Christmas Holiday wreath with some more festive ribbon.

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!


12 comments:

Ashley @ The Sweet Life said...

Cute wreath! My cousin made pearl covered foam balls (hanging from ribbon) for her bridesmaids to carry instead of flowers...this reminds me of that! I made a wreath of red, green, and gold ornaments this past weekend--inspired by Pinterest of course! I love getting ideas from there :)

Stesha said...

Thats really beautiful. I love it. love your blog too!!!!

xo
Classic & Bubbly

Sarah B. said...

It's so elegant! I love how it turned out!!! :)

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

So lovely! Looks like it would definitely take some patience, but the end result is fantastic. :)

Stopping in from Gussy's! <3

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Turned out great!

Lindsay said...

What a cute idea! Love it!

Little Blue Feathers said...

Very lovely! I would love to try this with matching ornaments! Stopping by from Gussy Sews.

Michelle
LittleBlueFeathers.blogspot.com

Crafty Mischief said...

Beautiful! I found you through TT&J, thanks for sharing!

Object of Maya*ffection said...

Looks GREAT!! I pinned the same wreath on my pinterest board, I just haven't made it yet! Thanks for the inspiration!

Chelsea Nitta said...

Hey where did you buy your pearls that you used? I am wanting to try this but not sure where to get them in bulk like that?

Unknown said...

I made a beautiful pearl wreath, but the pearls keep falling off Everytime we open & shut the door. Any solution, pearls aren't cheap. Help

Anonymous said...

Love love love it! I purchased a similar wreath from HomeGoods - hung it on my front door @ the Holidays for several years - I should I checked the hook on the back the last year I hung it up - it broke & hit the floor busting some of the pears - I wanted to cry - I have never seen another one for sale - I guess it’s time for me to channel my inner Martha Stewart