Inspiration: serene with a vintage touch.

Thursday, September 13, 2012
I'm still alive over here, slowly but surely getting things done. Have I mentioned how HARD it is to go back to school and be a mom. Holy crap! The end isn't even in sight which scares the bejeesus out of me.
My husband is all like, "Oh btw I'm changing careers in a month" and I'm so excited, but bracing myself for a BIG change in our family's life. We are so blessed with opportunities lately it's insane, I've just been trying to hold on for dear life, and maybe smile every now and then so people don't worry about my mental state and my change accepting troubles.

Okay, so onto prettier and more serene things. My client contacted me asking for help picking out pieces for her families great room. She has one of those fabulous open floor plans. You know the ones that everyone wants, but then turn less fabulous when you realize you have to bring it all together some how. And you realize just how HUGE of a room you have, and you're like "OH MY GOSH!" freaking out.


The main thing to remember when you have a space and you want to make it feel coherent is repetition. If you have a rustic chandelier in over your dining table, you need to repeat the same feel in lamps in your sitting area. Make sense? I love little industrial touches when doing something pretty and vintage in style. Those stools are great! I have them in  my own home actually. And they mimic the industrial vibe of the chandelier, and add some subway art to repeat the feeling once more.

We just found a great dresser for her TV to rest on. I love dressers as TV console units because I think they add soul and character. Not to mention a TON of storage. 

Can we just take a minute to talk about that chandelier? It's from World Market, here. It's super affordable and I kind of love it! 


0 comments: