A new take on coffee filters.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

I had this awesome post planned about shopping at the Farmer's Market & planned on taking amazing pictures today at the market... but then it was pouring rain instead of being beautiful Arizona January weather. 
SO that will have to wait until next market.

Instead, I thought I would share with you a wreath I made using coffee filters.
I really love how it turned out. 
To me it looks like a book page & coffee filter wreath made a baby.


Instead of keeping them their white fluffy selves, I dyed them in tea and laid them out flat to dry.

They took forever to dry, I put my oven on warm and let them hang out in there for a few hours. That seemed to work the best.

When gluing them on, I went in a zig-zag pattern & then would go back and fill it in. I wanted it to look random & ruffly.






6 comments:

Carolyn at Moose Mouse Creations said...

very pretty. I love the color of your door too!

Erin said...

So pretty! You can't even tell it's paper!

Angie Church said...

love it such a great material to use and it looks awesome

Miss Kitty said...

Hi Jenna! Love your wreath! I want to make one soon...yours is a beautiful inspiration. I have been tea staining book pages...my fingernails look like they are horribly dirty but it's really just that they got tea stained too. I saw your post over at the I Heart Naptime blog.

Deb said...

Great idea! I've been looking for an idea for spring door wreaths. I don't use coffee filters any more since getting a stovetop Moka so here's what to with them!

Heidi Trejo said...

Love your wreath!

I nominated you for the Liebster award!

http://www.polkadotpixies.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

Hugs!
Heidi