Inspiration: A formal front room.

Thursday, August 30, 2012
Things have been a little bit more than insane around here lately. We have been frantically trying to make our minds up about where to live and school and my husbands crazy work schedule lately. It's been a whole lot on our plates. Don't worry, I'll be at least a little more frequent with my posts as soon as things settle.

Anyways, taking a step back and on the terms of design lately. I thought I would share with you a little inspiration board I put together for a client for her front formal living room. It's such a silly room sometimes. I mean what REALLY is it for, besides the importance of making it pretty because that's what everyone sees when they first walk in the door to your home.
It's still silly.




Whitney's front room is really teeny in comparison to her grand house, so with the space being small, I wanted to be careful about how much dark and how much pattern I brought into the space. She really loves red, so with a dose of bright bold pattern paired with more subdued stripes and accent pieces it will totally work! 

Did I mention she has a REALLY cool old church pew that she is keeping in her seating arrangement, I almost died.



0 comments: