Dresser redo with Milk Paint.

Monday, August 12, 2013
I finally got my hands on some really pretty furniture worthy of trying out Miss Mustard Seed's milk paint on. 
I had been aching to try it because her colors are to die for &chippy paint on anything you can count me in! 


The color is French Enamel. It's a really pretty shade of blue.

Here is what the dresser looked like before.
My husband found it somewhere outside of Flagstaff at a random yardsale. He found the other one at the same time, I have BIG plans for that other pretty little dresser.



This dresser didn't chip that much, the wood was so thirsty it just soaked it right up, but I did get a little chippiness.
I was so excited when it started bubbling. Like a kid on Christmas. 



I polished up the brass hardware. I really love the blue & gold together.


I really love this piece. My husband says it might be the best piece I have ever refinished (thanks babe). Though, with how many pieces I've done... I'm not quite sure that's a compliment.
But I'll take it.
Unfortunately, I don't have a home for this one, so it's going to be for sale. 
Kind of breaks my heart a little.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's fabulous! Milk paint is so cool. I love how it turns out completely different every time. You did a great job!

- Sarah

Anonymous said...

How did you get the top shiny? I'm so conflicted... I just painted my 2nd piece, a dresser, and I'm just not happy with how matte the finish is. I don't now if gel poly topcoat is best or to buff it or WHAT!? Help!

Susan @ SunflowerHugs said...

What a unique piece! It came out amazing!

Melanie said...

So simple and sweet! Love this! Would love to see you link this up over The Weekly Creative - 6 blogs, a ton of fun!
http://www.reasonstoskipthehousework.com/the-weekly-creative-33/