Table cloths as curtains, oh my!

Friday, January 17, 2014
I'm always on the lookout for great fabrics, and lets face it… great fabrics usually carry a great price tag.
Especially when you start talking multiple yards for multiple panels for a room with multiple windows.
A great trick for getting around this enormous price tags, rather than opting for Ikea drapes (though Ikea linen look panels will be forever a favorite) is to find other pre made textiles, such as table cloths, that could be used instead. You can also look for shower curtains with a pattern that would allow another strip of another fabric added to the bottom. The possibilities are endless really.
These ones I found at Target on clearance for $5 a panel… er, I mean per each rectangular table cloth. &they were 104" long which was AWESOME. I scooped up 4 for the windows in my family room for $22 bucks and called it a day.



The best part is I only had to hem the bottoms since I went with drapery clips for the tops.

This sofa was also an AMAZING deal. It's from the the Pottery Barn Cameron Collection &I found it at Downeast Home for less than 1/3 of the price if I were to buy it from Pottery Barn. The deals have been falling into my lap &I'm not complaining. 

End table from Target, lamp from Ikea.
Throw pillows & linen covers from Ikea.




I love the look of drapery ring clips, I grabbed some really inexpensive ones from Ikea the last time I was there. Some day I will beef up my curtain rods, but I had these ones already, and really they aren't bad for now.

What do you think about unconventional drapery panels? Makes you look at shopping for your home in an entirely new way when you use a little bit of imagination.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great and love the price tag, yes!! You've been doing good on the deals - nice finds!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great idea. I have been on the lookout for six panels for our living room and just can't justify the cost, but something like this would be great.

Unknown said...

Looks great! Love your curtain idea.

A question about your pottery barn Cameron sofa...do you know what color you got? I've been stalking this sofa, and really like that color