A little peek into our guest room.

Sunday, March 9, 2014
We had some visitors which inspired me to work on the guest room this last week. The antique atlas maps were in my house when we bought it, but the bottom was beige. Since the pages are indeed antiques I haven't built up the heart to take them down, even though I really wanted a far fresher feel.
What is more fresh than white?
I would say nothing. 
So, I basically unpainted the room and called it a day.
I still have window treatments to finish sewing, my machine decided to take a permanent vacation in the middle of the first panel sooooo… I will have to show you those later. 
The only hint I will give is… I really love ticking stripes.
Insert winking face.
If you follow me on Instagram you've seen these lamps, I kinda love them. One of them found a home in here.


The white ruched duvet is from Target
The sheet set is Ralph Lauren via TJ Maxx
The euros are West Elm via Downeast
and the geometric pillow is another Homegoods find. 


This old chippy ladder I found at at The Oldbrickhouse Market that they do monthly in historic downtown Mesa. 
I should hang it or something. 


The art above the bed is made by me, and the burlap bunny garland adds a little touch of spring, it is from Target. 

I kinda love that unpainting a room brightens it up SO much. I am so glad white is trendy because I love it, even on walls! 

1 comments:

Ashley @ The Honest Room said...

The bedding in this room is adorable. I really need to see a picture of the entire bed because I think I might be in love. This room is beautiful and so relaxing. I also wanted to share that I nominated you for a Liebster award. Check it out: http://www.thehonestroom.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html.