Room Reveal: A quick little girls room redo.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I just finished up this quick room redo for a friend's little girl.
The room had a fresh coat of pink paint, and a pretty new bed. She asked if I could put together a few finishing touches for her.
We did some bedding, window treatments, and a little wall treatment and it turned out so sweet. 


Being 5 my little client wanted a butterfly room, but her mom wasn't too sure about that idea.
I chose to do some butterfly vinyl wall decals, when she's older and tired of them they can just peel off. 
Or when her mom gets tired of them.
Whichever comes first. 

It is a subtle way to have a kinda themey room that doesn't make you want to keel over every time you walk in the door.




I sewed up a quick faux roman balloon shade window treatment thingy. 
Very technical term.
The window treatment fabric I found at a local fabric shop on deep discount. It has some pretty embroidery detail. I really love it.



The bedding is a hodge podge as usual. The sheets and quilt are from Homegoods. The bedskirt is from the Shabby Chic line at Target. And the linen throw pillow is from Ikea. 



I whipped up this wood sign with the words to a favorite church song for some quick wall art.

At the end of the day this little room was done on a budget, we spent a total of $150. I think we got a lot of bang for our buck.





1 comments:

JoAnne said...

Such a sweet room, Jenna! I really love the pretty quilt and you did a great job of incorporating the butterfly theme!