Adding personality to store-bought furniture.

Friday, October 21, 2011
I love the "special details" when it comes to furniture. If something has a little something extra to it whether it be a great fabric, to die for paint color, a nail head or lace trim, whatever it may be... I'm a complete sucker! 

Well, unfortunately... all those wonderful details makes the price tag a lot less wonderful. But don't worry because you can add them yourself! Today I'm going to share how I changed cheap, generic counter stools into personalized & fabulous.

 I bought these ready to assemble counter stools at Target for $20 a pop. I liked the simplistic design of them but they were pretty lack luster. The top was originally a black pleather-type-stuff.


I picked up this fabric at Joanns on sale for 50%.
I'm pretty much in love with it, the pattern is called "Luminary" by Waverly.
 It is a canvas meant for indoor/outdoor use so it's pretty sturdy. If you're doing this yourself, I would only recommend using at least an upholstery grade fabric because these stools will get a lot of wear & tear.


Honestly, it was probably one of the easiest things I've ever done. I just used a staple gun to secure the fabric and then reattached them to the base.


Probably one of my very favorite things in my house. I think they're adorable.
Not to mention, a huge upgrade to what they were before!


The best part is that it is SO easy to change out the fabric if you get tired of of the pattern or it gets stained. I sprayed some Scotchguard on them to protect the fabric a little.

Since we're friends, I need to  be honest with you... my island never looks this pretty!
In fact, it has hardly been cleaned off since we moved in.. it's the perfect dumping ground for all things. Yikes.


PS- that on the end there is a project I am SO excited to share with you. All I gotta say is I love pearls.

2 comments:

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Your stools came out darling~ love your new fabric on them! Stopping by from MMS- I host a decorating party at my blog on the weekends too if you would like to come share sometime! :)

Chrissy said...

I love the fabric!! Great work!! I am your newest follower!!