Tufted ottoman before & after

Tuesday, June 24, 2014
I've  been wanting to tuft something for a long time. Isn't that everyone's desire? I know you all walk around thinking that every day... you could hash tag that DIY'er problems. 
Anyways I ran across this coffee table that had pretty legs andddd that was about the extent of the good about it. Oh, it wasn't in pieces... so I guess it had 2 positive attributes but good bones will get you everywhere in life. 

I'll just go ahead and spoil it, here is the after


And here is the sad before




All it took was a couple inches of foam
Upholstery buttons
Upholstery thread
Home decor fabric
A drill
And a mathematician husband



I spent a couple extra bucks having a local upholstery shop make the buttons for me so they would be sturdy and done well. Totally worth it. 
You can buy your own button cover maker machine and do them yourself.... but
 I say spend the few bucks extra and save yourself the headache and time.



Doesn't even look like the same table right? I love how it turned out. Bad news is I want to tuft all the things now. 
I might need to look into DIY'er therapy. 



Linked to Jennifer Rizzo




6 comments:

Ruth said...

So Pretty! Love the pattern

foreverdecorating said...

Wow, love the lines on this table and then it's even better as a tufted bench! Great transformation!

My kids' Mom said...

Beautiful! May I ask you where I could find that beautiful fabric? What brand is it and where did you buy it?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Anneli

pdb said...

I spent hours looking for this before and after - after "losing" it. I have the same table and am stumped about the best way to attach the fabric. Did you staple directly to the tiny ledge or did you create a secondary top that you then tufted and attached, kind of like one does when adding an upholstered seat to a chair. Does that makes sense? I'm so glad I found your blog!

Unknown said...

love your makeover it turned out gorgeous what a great repurpose, i would love to feature it, if that would be ok please let me know,
lauren

jacquard bed sheets in pakistan said...

Anyways I ran across this coffee table that had pretty legs andddd that was about the extent of the good about it. Oh, it wasn't in pieces... so I guess it had 2 positive attributes but good bones will get you everywhere in life. handloom cotton bed sheets online , bridal bed sheet design ideas ,